Tuesday, December 25, 2007

It's a boy!!!

It's official! Baby O couldn't hold out any longer and finally made his grand entrance into the world. I know I am his mom and am a little partial to the matter, but I have to say that he is absolutely beautiful and perfect in every way.... other than the fact that he weighed 9 lbs 1 oz- that felt a little less than perfect coming out! I started having contractions about 4:30 in the morning and they came fast and furious. We got to the birth center around 8 and I was already 5 cmm dilated. I still had some time so Jen suggested we get some food because I would need the energy. So, to Denny's we went where all of the waitresses couldn't believe that I was in labor and eating! By the time we got back to the birth center I was 8 cmm dilated. I will spare you the gory details, but a few hours later (with Bob Marley playing in the background) Liam arrived. I was able to stick it out and have him with no drugs of any kind (little pat on the back to me!). By 9 that night, we were back home. The whole experience was amazing and I don't think we will ever have a kid in the hospital! The midwives were amazing and so supportive. They gave me the confidence I needed to go all the way. We would highly recommend this to anyone considering it as an alternative...

Enough rambling... The facts are these...
Liam Francis O'Neill
December 20, 2007 @ 4:31 pm
9 lbs 1 oz
21 inches
brown hair
blue eyes
perfect round face
Daddy's lips and eyes
Momma's nose and finger toes







5 comments:

Nancy said...

So Sweet
Kittyama

Anonymous said...

I love Liam's website and Liam! I'm so happy and proud to be his Aunt Tina ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you thought of doing a website for Liam. It will make viewing pictures so much easier.

Great Aunt Peggy

Anonymous said...

I have tears in my eyes!! Congratulations and welcome to the most wonderful time of your life! Hugs, Rosemary

CASEY said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so exicted for the both of you as you see all the new changes little babies bring into your lives. I hope you feel all the love and health in your home as you welcome little Liam to your lives. Chris you know you can call me 6 months from now when you and Jess need a night on the town. Best of everything to you three!

Love, Casey