Monday, March 16, 2009

14 3/4 month update


I decided to wait to do Liam's update every other month for year 2, but this will be an exception to the rule. Only because we just had Liam's 15 month doctor visit so I have "hot off the presses" stats about weight and height. He weighs 24 pounds (48th percentile) and is 32.5 inches long (88th percentile). That is only 1 pound heavier, but 2 inches longer than a couple of months ago. Which means he is really thinning out and becoming a little boy. And I say that with much hesitation. I stopped nursing him a couple of weeks ago and that was the last little sign of my baby boy that I had left. It was probably harder for me to give up than him. As always, I cannot express how crazy fast he is growing up. He says so many words. His current favorites are "bubbles", "baby" (emphasis on the"y"), "turtle", "car", and "ball". He also says "love you", "waffles", "go", and than all the old favorites like "duck", "dog", "mama", "dada" etc...

He is becoming increasingly sassy and independent. He will sometimes laugh right in my face when I sternly tell him no. I think he may be becoming a little pickier when it comes to food, but I don't want to say that out loud for fear that it may be true. But for all of his little temper tantrums, he has even more love and sweetness oozing out of him. He gives loads of kisses and I am happy to report that he is still a big ole mama's boy. He breaks my heart daily and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: