Sunday, February 22, 2009

14 Month Update


How to describe in words how funny and smart Liam is? I can't, I just can't do it. He is grasping the concept of EVERYthing lately. Because he is getting better at communicating, he is becoming a better kid in general because he doesn't have to be so frustrated. He tells me when he wants more, wants to be picked up or get down. I can ask him "all done?" and he will tell me yes or no. There was a while (and Jordanna can attest to this) where he would make this obnoxious "uh" sound whenever he wanted something. He doesn't do it too often these days and for that I am grateful.

Yesterday, Kittyama was telling Liam that she needed to take a picture of him with his monkey and that she wanted him to go and get the monkey for her. He then proceeded to slide off of the couch, walk over to the cabinet, open the cabinet, grab the monkey, and walk it back over to her. I lost it a little. Not only does he know what a monkey is, but he knows where it is and that Kittyama wanted him to bring it over to her? I can only handle so much.

In other update info, he is an excellent sleeper. He sleeps a solid 11 hours at night and takes one 2.5 to 3 hour nap with no whining. He eats like a champ, but still not too fond of veggies. Can't say that I blame him, but I know it is important so I have started hiding them in food. I can get away with broccoli and cheese quesidilla's as long as there isn't too much of the green stuff in there. He insists on feeding himself and almost has the fork mastered. He is completely off bottles and has been for about a month thanks to Jordanna :)

He talks like a maniac. He can say more, up, down, go, papa (grandpa), nana (banana), and a lot more that I can't think of right now. He also does all sorts of animal noises which I am gonna try and get on tape because it's awesome. He blows kisses and waves and says "bye, bye". Are you getting how smart and funny he is yet? See, you're not. I just can't do it justice in words so you'll have to take my word for it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I might believe this story if you could produce this fabled monkey photo

more pictures please :)

Love Aunt Amy

Peggy said...

It's funny how fast they get it when they finally get it. Watch out because he is only going to get more amazing at an even more alarming rate. Keep taking pictures and filming as much as you can. You will treasure every minute of it.