Sunday, January 17, 2010

Baby Sister's Shower


So the shower is over and that puts us one step closer to the actual event. The shower was held exactly one month before my due date. Like I mentioned in the last post, I haven't thought much about "getting ready", but let me tell you that this shower has boosted me into full on nesting mode. The majority of the gifts were clothes which is mostly what I need so that is great. The problem came once I got home and realized that I am not set up for a second child. Where were these clothes gonna go? Let the nesting begin...

My brain started reeling. I am gonna need to move this dresser, this wall is gonna need a bunch of shelves, I want to set up the crib, I should decorate the kids room... My poor husband is in for it.

But back to the shower- it was exactly what I requested. A small, fun gathering of people that I care about to celebrate my new baby girl. I was quite impressed with everyone's gift. As I said, I got mostly clothes and I have a reputation for being a bit on the picky side when it comes to clothes. Like I told my mom, I don't mind sugar- it's the saccharine that makes me wanna barf. It just seems hard to find girl clothes that don't have big pink cupcakes and hearts with glitter and bows all over it. Not to mention, I got a nice chunk of handmade, one-of-a-kind items from Chris' side of the family that are not only gorgeous but very special to me.






No comments: