Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's a Party

This party was a lot like my pregnancy... It felt like it took forever for the big day to arrive, but once it came it was gone in a flash. As everyone knows, we had Liam's first birthday party at the beach. I was so nervous the weather wouldn't cooperate. It's a bit of a risk planning a party on the beach in the middle of December, but I like to live on the edge.

Chris and I got there at about 9:30 in the morning to reserve our spot and it was perfect. A slight breeze, not a cloud in the sky, with a temperature of about 70 degrees. By the time people started showing up at around 11:30, there were slight hurricane conditions. OK, that may be exaggerating a bit, but it was much windier than I would have liked. We didn't let a little wind slow us down though. We still had a fun time and all of our wonderful family and friends still came out and had fun. The best part about all of it were the (what seemed like) hundreds of birds flying about 10 feet above us and diving down towards our picnic tables to steal sandwiches. I am being sarcastic of course, but for Liam it really was the best part.








No comments: