Saturday, December 20, 2008

Now He's REALLY One!





So it's official- my baby boy is one. He has been around for a whole year now. He's not the only one that has changed dramatically in the past year. Liam has completely altered the way I view the world. For starters, I have become an emotional mess. I NEVER cried at movies or books- I was always the cynic when it came to sappy love stories. Well, the other day I shed a tear at a Publix commercial... A PUBLIX COMMERCIAL! For those of you not fortunate to have Publix in your area, it is a GROCERY STORE.

Another thing, everything just seems to mean more. When I feel happy, I feel so happy I could burst. When I get sad, its equally as exaggerated. I think its because everything I do or feel affects him in some way. I feel like I'm feeling for the both of us. Whatever changes have come, they have been the best changes I could ever ask for. I absolutely and irrevocably LOVE my family with every single last little fiber of being I have. I honestly don't care where we end up living because I'm right as rain as long as I have them with me.

As for Liam! He is 23 pounds and still 30 inches long. He's really thinning out now (with the exception of his double chin and yummy cheeks). He gets so much now. I know I say that every month, but for real this time. He started using certain toys for their actual purpose as opposed to just sticking them in his mouth. He has soooo many teeth. At last count, it was around 13 or 14. They seem to be popping in all the time. And when they do, he is the crankiest little boo around. He just wants to be held by mommy and he doesn't want anything to do with food. Luckily, right now we are between teethings.

He loves music and dances all the time. His favorite thing to do is take things out and put them back into their container. He can play this game all day long and with much concentration. The most exciting development is his steps. He started taking steps about a week before his birthday. It is so neat to see the progression he has taken into walking. He gets more and more confident as the days go on.

No comments: