Sunday, January 4, 2009

A New Year

As a new year begins in Liam's life, so begins a new year for all of us. Things have been so hectic lately, I barely noticed the new year creeping up on me. Of course, this time of year always means time spent with family. Since we had Michelle, Neil, and Eli in town, my mom thought it would be a great time to have an "open house". This just means that we have food and drinks out all day and friends can come and go basically all day long. I think it's a great way to start the new year- reconnecting with all your friends and family. It was such a great time.

The weather was beautiful so we all spent the day outside for the most part. My mom has a special group of friends- many of whom have daughters that have kids. So all of my mom's friends were there, as well as there kids and grandkids. What I am getting at is... there were a bunch of kids. This past couple of years has been a wave of pregnancies and births among people I know and this was the first time I've been able to see them all interact. To see all these kids playing with each other made me feel like we were entering the next phase of parenthood- makes me feel more like... an adult. I love it!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooooo sad I missed this, but super happy I got to see you on Sunday. You are soooooooooo good about these updates. Gosh, I'm glad I don't have kids. You and Tina would make me look like the worse mom...ever!! :)

Anonymous said...

I feel like I am always negating what Tia Sofia says. First of all Sof, you are a mom to SO many kids, and a great one at that! Second of all, you never do anything half way. You would be the one to put all of us to shame!

I do agree with the fact that Jessi you are so good at keeping up with these updates. I admire that.

And lastly, I love the pic of Liam in those sunglasses - classic! And I love the shirt he's wearing. He is so precious!

Love you,
Aunt Athena