Tuesday, August 25, 2009

20 Month Update

What a handful this little guy is. He is getting to that age where I can see traces of the terrible two's creeping in. Listening a little less and being alot more independent. One of his favorite words is "mine" which makes me wince every time I hear it. He knows what he wants and he wants it NOW. Even as I am typing this, I want to veer from the truth and say how perfect he is. The truth is I have to remember that this is just a phase we have to go through like everything else and if I am patient yet firm, the outcome will be a boy who listens and is respectful. That is what I am hoping for anyway.

On the brighter side, he says everything. He may not say it in full sentences, but he knows how to get his point across pretty clearly. And he picks up on EVERYTHING. The other day when we went to meet the couple that we are going to be renting from, we shook hands and greeted each other. When we got in the car, he took my hand and shook it up and down and said, "hiiiii, how are youuuuu?" in a cute high pitch voice.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Liam is just entering one of MANY phases and you will have to be patient and firm more then you can begin to imagine. Even though he is changing into a real person with his own thoughts and ideas, he is your joy. Every phase and change is wonderful.