Monday, July 21, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Yesterday was Liam's 7 month birthday and with it has come many changes. To quote the great and wise David Bowie, " Time may change me, but I can't trace time".  First off, he is almost crawling. He mostly scoots or throws himself to his desired location, but he does take a few "steps" here and there. He can also sit up all by himself now. This is an advancement that comes with a little annoyance from me because it used to be that I would let him whine it out when he woke up occasionally at night and he would fall back asleep. Now he has taken to sitting up to voice his displeasure and that makes it all the harder for him to fall back asleep on his own. We have also made 2 recent purchases that I love dearly. The first is this great foam mat that has taken the place of a rug and blanket. You see them all the time at daycares, but they are pretty expensive and too brightly colored for my taste. So when I saw them advertised in a boring old khaki color for college dorms I scooped them up. Now he roams freely without any blankets under him to clean every couple of days. The other big purchase is a big boy highchair- love it! But the biggest change of all- DAYCARE... EEEEKKK!!! I never thought this day would come, but it did. Luckily we found a great in-home place. It was the one that I referred to earlier. I really like Jordanna and I think he will be happy there. It's me I'm worried about :( 

No comments: