Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Daycare Search

That's right- the time has come to put my little snugglebug into daycare. :( I have had such a fabulous time staying home and playing with him that you can imagine how much I am not looking forward to this progression. It's a hard step to take. Chris was off yesterday so we visited a few places. The first decision was what kind of place? I think we are both more comfortable leaving Liam in the care of a fellow mom instead of an hourly employee who may or may not have kids of their own. So we looked on the DCF website for licensed home daycares. The next decision was location- close to where we live or close to where I work? I voted for where I work so that I could go visit him on my lunch break. However, that search didn't really come up with any positive finds. So we turned to where we live. We found Jordana. She is a mother of two who is the same age as me and seems to know her stuff. She has seven kids total (including Liam) but one is older and will not be there when school starts up again. That was the only downfall for me because he is used to such a quiet environment, but maybe it will be good for him to be around other kids. He loves watching kids play and hopefully he will pick up on walking, talking, etc... faster as a result. The decision is not totally final yet. I have one more place I want to check out tomorrow that is close to work, but something tells me Jordanna is the one. If you want to check out her place, you can see it here.... www.myspace.com/fl9542059056

No comments: