Friday, July 11, 2008

Even though he cheated....

... I am still very proud of him. I will most likely be going back to work in a little over a week so I wanted to try and start training Liam to take his naps in his crib. Up until now he has been taking naps in his swing still. He is not one of those babies that just falls asleep when he is tired. It has to be dark. It has to be quiet. If we are in the car- yes. If we are at home-yes. Even walking in the stroller- sometimes. He could be two hours overdue for a nap, but if we are in Target with the lights and the stuff to look at there is no way in hell that boy is going to sleep. So what I anticipated was a 30-60 minute cry-a-thon in which I would feel like crap and he would feel betrayed by his mother. What I got was a 20 second mumble proceeded by a 2 hour long peaceful nap. What I didn't know was that I had left a pacifier in there from the night before. He doesn't get a pacifier at night, but he woke up in the middle of night because he didn't eat all of his dinner and was hungry so I gave it to him to help him fall back asleep. So he had found the pacifier and drifted off to sleep. Now I am wondering if I should just give him the pacifier for naps or try to break him of that here and now. What do you guys think?

3 comments:

Peggy said...

Let him have the pacifier. Life is short and I can guarantee you that he wont have it when he goes to school.
Emily had hers till she was about 3 and I finally just stopped replacing them when she bit through them. At that point she could only have them in the house, otherwise people would stare!
We were in Safeway one day and she said," look mom, new "pacies", get one for me." I told her I couldn't because it was against the law for me to buy them for her since she was really too old for them. She pouted and complained but the thought of having the police come and get me was enough for her. She never had one after that. Sometimes you just have to lie.

Neil said...

Hey, If he got it in himself, there was no cheating.

Momma O said...

yea- I think what I am gonna do is bail out on the decision and let the daycare lady decide! Although she seems partial to no pacifier which is fine with me!