Sunday, November 23, 2008

Mr Liam Goes to Washington

While on vacation in NC, we decided to take a couple of days to go to Washington DC. Liam and I had never been there and it had been a while for Daddy O. It is a very cool place. I really enjoyed seeing all of the monuments I had only seen on TV before and getting the sense of history that it all brings. And Liam really enjoyed seeing all the geese and ducks that seem to inhabit the city.

We also got to see the President land on the lawn of the White House in an Air Force One helicopter which was very cool. You can see it in the last picture. We were standing in front of the National Monument when 3 huge helicopters came flying by. Apparently, he always flies with the other 2 surrounding him for protection which makes sense. I am not a particularly "patriotic" person, but being there and seeing that made me get a little teary eyed.





No comments: