Sunday, November 9, 2008

Thank Goodness for Earaches


That's what it was. Apparently, because he's had a runny nose for a while- it dripped into the ear canal causing an infection. When he woke up on Saturday, the fever was gone. He was still pretty cranky so we decided we would still take him in to the doctor. Thank goodness we did. He is on antibiotics that he has to take for 10 days. Having a reason for his crankiness is the best feeling. I was dreading this visit would turn out like the last one where everything looked fine and we were just supposed to wait it out. Having something tangible to blame his mood on is liberating because I know it can be fixed.

Already he is acting like his old self again. He was just so sweet and happy all day. It's been a few weeks since I have been able to enjoy him so thoroughly. It's bittersweet being the mommy sometimes because if he is just the least bit upset or tired it becomes magnified by 10 when he sees me. I am guessing because nursing is a form of comfort for him so when he sees me, he wants to be comforted. So doing anything with him (when I have no other helping hand) is frustrating to say the least. Getting ready in the morning has been interesting. That's why seeing the old Liam back.... is...is.... HALLELUJAH!!! HALLELUJAH!! I almost forgot how much fun we can have together. Oh and by the way, for more on his duck pictured above- be sure to visit kittyama's blog soon. I don't know if she will have it up tonight, but soon...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am learning:
http://catchingeverysmile.blogspot.com/