Monday, October 12, 2009

The Big Boy Bed


We have been in our new place for 3 weeks now and although it doesn't feel like home quite yet there is one thing I can stop worrying about- Liam and the big boy bed. I don't know why I anticipated resilience from him, but I sure didn't get any. From day one, he has been sleeping in it and it's as if he always has been. We left the crib at Kittyama's until the day when the baby will start using it. We figured it will come in handy if we ever need him to stay over.

Obviously, we made a big deal about his "big boy" bed and had him show it off to anyone who came over. And he loves it. The first night he slept in it, I was so sure he was gonna bang his head into the rail or fall out or run around for a while. I must have checked on him about 6 times (that includes twice in the middle of the night). None of that. Nothing. He has gone right to sleep every single night and when he wakes up in the morning he stays in bed until I open the door.

I wish I could say the same for naptime though. He is getting better, but he did take advantage of the first few naps to explore his new room. I don't mind as long as he ends up asleep which he has. Once Chris peeked under the door after putting him down for nap and saw a baseball bounce onto the floor followed by the shadows of little feet running after it. Kinda makes you smile just thinking about it.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

I can just see Chris with his face smooshed to the floor so he can see under Liam's door.