Friday, June 20, 2008

NC Trip- Day #1

"We will be at your house around 7:30- 8:00" I tell my dad the day before we leave. After all, all of the bags are packed. We just have to wake up, get ready and go.... Did I forget that I have a 6 month old? Nothing is get up and go with a 6 month old (today is his birthday by the way). Liam woke up about 6:30 and about two hours later we were off to my parents. And let me just tell you that Liam had more luggage than Chris, me, and my parents all combined. Packing for babies is no joke.
Anyway, on our way up, Liam started to get a little fussy so Chris stuck his finger in his mouth to give him something to chew on and low and behold he felt something sharp. As in a tooth. In my babies mouth. I am not ready for this progression. I mean forget the fact that now I have to deal with breastfeeding a teething baby. We just started feeding him "food" and I feel like these little steps towards boyhood should be coming a little more spread out. I feel like they are just creeping up on me with no warning. And one day he will crawling and then walking and then going to college. I know- dramatic, but if it could all just slow down a little I think I would be more equipped to handle it all. We should be in Asheville by tomorrow evening so will report back then...

No comments: